Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spring 2010 Couture


Hey everyone it's Renee. Today me and Simedar went to our fashion club at our school. Our "club" (we can't be called a club yet cause it's the first year and the school won't sponsor us it's complicated) was asked to put together a fashion show and we are also doing other cool things like collecting shoes for people in Haiti, designing shirt for our "club" and going to fashion shows. I can speak for both us to say we are really excited about what were doing. Keep you posted and what's going on and hopefully I can get some pictures up of the final fashion show!

So today when I got home I went through all of the recent 2010 fashion shows. So far Alexis Mabille, Anne Valerie Hash, Armani Prive, Chanel, Christian Dior, Elie Saab, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier and Thimister have their Spring 2010 Collections out. Between all the collections you see pastels, silver, neon, amazing textures and patterns.

The Christian Dior collection had a duchess theme with top hats, writing crops, and lace lace lace. This was one of our favorite pieces; we loved the pastel yellow and these white shoes throughout the whole show.
Valentino had great texture which was unbelievable and some neon stripes here and there. The one stripe kept showing up whether on a dress, with the models makeup or in a models head as a ribbon head piece.

Jean Paul Gaultier's collection is hard to describe with words you just have to see it. The texture it lovely and some of the head pieces are wild. Maybe that could be one adjective to describe this collection, wild. From the feathers and the leaves the collection defiantly has a new unique style.

Givenchy had unique head pieces and unique pieces. I really like this purple one that had the faded purple one the bottom and the sparkly silver on top. The volume on both of these pieces I choose from the collection is one of the reasons I liked this collection. This was probably one of my favorite collections, Ellie Saab. I loved the natural feel to it and the sparkles. It was so hard to cut down to five looks because there were so many that I wanted to put on here (Simedar had to get me to do it). I loved the ice princess feel with the final dress (below, first on my list), the texture of the second one is amazing they look almost like scales to me and that gives the model this mermaid look. Altogether the flow of the clothes, the natural theme and the mirror runway that made it look like the sea all made me love this collection even more.












Alexis Mabille had a two toned color theme throughout the clothes and models. It had a great geometric feel to the line with all the clothes and the design of the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment